Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tina Fey Regina'ed Me

If you know me, you know that Tina Fey is my spirit animal. Tina Fey is an angel sent from the heavens. She is probably my top favorite person ever in the world. Tyler will laugh so loud at 30 Rock, he must pause the TV to regain semi-sanity, and then turn to me and say, "You are Tina Fey and Liz Lemon. When I read her book, I pictured you talking."
SHE'S JUST SO GREAT AND I FEEL A PERSONAL CONNECTION TO HER.

Over this past summer, I had a very unfortunate impromptu encounter with Tina that sent me into a spiraling depression and delusion state of mishap still to this day. My friend and I were randomly walking around the Upper West Side and PASSED her on the street walking her dog. While mid-panic attack, we began meandering down the street upon recognizing her. When we reached the end of the block, I felt a universal duty to say something because we'd been looking back at her walking in the same direction as us FAR too many times to make it acceptable without saying anything.


Below is a complete list of things I COULD HAVE said to Tina on the street:

  1. Hello, how are you? How are you today?
  2. I love 30 Rock! I'm very sad it ended.
  3. I love Mean Girls! It's iconic cinematography of our time.
  4. I love Saturday Night Live! I was at the episode you hosted recently.
  5. I love ALL of your writing and you are my inspiration!
  6. Very cute dog!
  7. I go to school in Philadelphia for Entertainment Management!
  8. I am currently working at your management company as a summer intern in NYC!
  9. What are some upcoming projects you are working on?
  10. How do I avoid the night cheese/cheese plate at parties?
What I actually said:

I  FIRST ASK TINA FEY IF SHE IS ACTUALLY TINA FEY. When she quietly replies, "Yes, I am." I unconsciously say, "OH MY GOD, I love you! OH MY GOD." And then I blacked out.

BUT THEN LATER SHE SAID, "Oh, I love your bracelets!" SYMBOLISM! Tina Fey wrote Mean Girls. I'm pretty sure she only said this to stop the awkwardness of the situation. SHE PROBABLY THOUGHT THEY WERE THE UGLIEST EFFING BRACELETS SHE HAD EVER SEEN.


Thus, TINA FEY REGINA'ED ME. AND I LOVED IT.

Even though she didn't say "I Love You" back, I could tell she felt the connection too.


No comments:

Post a Comment