Tuesday, May 20, 2014

10 Things I Hate About You, Buzzfeed.

I'm physically and mentally confused about BuzzFeed. My heart wants it, but my brain says, "You should be paying attention in this Statistics class with two projectors."


(WHY!!!)

It all started with my Statistics class in the Fall. It always does, doesn’t it? I realized I couldn't care less. Then there was the greatest distraction ever created, BuzzFeed. There were days I didn't even look up from my screen in class. WHY would I look at numbers AND LETTERS TOGETHER in an equation, when I could look at hundreds of corgis prancing together in unison on a beach for Corgi Beach Day?


(From the article "This Is What Happens When 318 Corgis Throw A Beach Party".)

All of a sudden, QUIZZES. SO MANY OF THEM. LET ME TAKE THEM ALL. I was taking quizzes and reading articles that DID NOT EVEN APPLY TO ME. Oh! "20 Ways You Know You're an English Major!" I'm not an English major, BUT I READ THE ARTICLE IN FULL. "What Color Lightsaber Would You Wield?" WHY NOT. I've never seen Star Wars, but I cannot move forward in life without knowing.

Why is it that we feel the need to RETAKE A QUIZ WHEN WE ARE NOT SATISFIED WITH OUR ANSWER? I recently became really upset over an answer I received on a quiz. Spiritually, it doesn't make any sense. Clearly I would be Mary-Kate over Ashley Olsen. I am so much more grunge and adventurous than an Ashley. The fact that I got Ashley makes me question who I truly am as a human being on this Earth. 

My whole life is a lie.

In contrast, when we get the answer we wanted...



It feels as though the universe and the planets are aligned for your God given grace. You get WAY TOO EXCITED, and slightly fake shocked. Honestly, you feel honored. It may even brighten up your day. You may even tell someone about it prompting their eye roll.

But now we have an earth-shattering problem. There are quizzes that are just LISTS of hundreds of things. I do not have time, the attention span to read a list of 100 things if I already know "How Much I Hate People!"



Alas, BuzzFeed is slowly killing the population, one quiz at a time.

In the end, all the hurt and heartache disappears in the grace of the Buzzfeed Animal and Food sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment