Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Blogging 101

To Whom It May Concern,

This is a letter to myself just incase I explode creating this blog. 

If you know anything about me you know that I have no perception of time. 


This MAN-MADE system has had me baffled since my early years as a child human. Even prompting me in 1st grade to get FULLY dressed the night before school, INCLUDING JEANS AND SNEAKERS, in an attempt to be on time the next day. 

(This plan failed because of the sneakers aspect, but you probably got that.)

Years later, I still have yet to grasp the idea of being on time. Mind you- I am Italian, and Italians are known for their tardiness. Probably because of the not-so-much-factored-in 10-minute "Catholic Guilt" trip/indecisiveness on just about everything before leaving the house. 

"Do I have to brush my hair for this?" 

Or-

"If it's in the 50's does that mean shorts and a jacket or pants and no jacket? What's the weather really going to be?

AND EVEN- 

"Do I have time to eat and brush my teeth or do I do them BOTH on the way?"

These questions remain unsolved in the universe.

Or maybe it's because I'm a woman, and we like to be fashionably late. However, I cannot use this excuse because of my frequently used "Roll and Go" system to class, or really anywhere. This is where you literally roll out of bed and just go.

(A portrait of me on a good day.)

Or maybe it's just because when I say, "I'm leaving" it actually means I'm waking up.

A friend once described the way I walk to class as "Someone who looks flustered trying to walk really fast, but since you are so small you don't really get anywhere." This is a great compliment, thank you.

The first step to anything is acceptance. I have accepted the fact that I will be late. But I'm hoping this blog can help me get my life together, be on time (because of the scheduling posts option) for at least one aspect in my life.

Peace and Love,
Tina





No comments:

Post a Comment